The Garment Technician has a problem-solving role with the aim to communicate with internal stakeholders effectively about a specific matter. The Technician works with a specific product, finds the best practice and instructs effectively on how to proceed. The Technician works closely alongside the Pattern and Measurement Department at the HQ, designers, buyers, suppliers, merchandisers and QC team.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Measuring and evaluating samples (development, fit, size-set, pre-production and shipment) before submitting to our HQ.
- Understanding garment construction techniques and suitability for mass production.
- Establish communication between internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Guide suppliers to make necessary corrections with clear instructions.
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve understanding of our brands fitting requirements.
- Being part of risk analysis of product quality.
- Executing follow-up and documentation in internal software.
The position requires frequent travelling in China/Far East region. It is estimated that 3-5 days a month will be spent traveling. You will be reporting to Varner Far East Production Office Manager.
- Strong technical knowledge in pattern making, garment sewing, construction, fitting and grading.
- Preferably experienced on different product groups.
- Literate in Microsoft office programs, exposure in PLM, Pattern CAD/CAM system and 3D would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years working experience at sourcing offices and/or in production.
- Higher Diploma or above in Fashion Design, Fashion Technology, Technical Design, Clothing studies or related disciplines.
- Result oriented and efficient
- Ability to work independently
- Pro-active and problem solver
- Well organized and good planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest, positive and outgoing
Language skills: Excellent skills in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
An attractive package and 5-day work week will be offered to the right candidate. We can offer a position in a dynamic and result driven organisation built on the following values; Business Minded, Passion, Make it Easy, Friendship, Happiness, and Responsibility.